Ameera Abraham talks about The Nail Bar!


Ameera Abraham
For this week's beauty post, we are talking to Ameera Abraham; CEO of The Nail Bar! The Nail Bar is an upscale destination that promises to deliver unrivaled luxury nail treatments that go beyond the classic manicure and pedicure. The Nail Bar is located in Wuse II; Abuja. With services such as massages, waxing and all sorts of other lush pampering treatments this young entrepreneur who is a graduate of Politics and International Relations has truly gotten us tempted to try out so many things!lol...
And as always...we had a chat with her :)


      FB: So tell us! what  inspired you to start the nail bar? 
    Ameera: I have always been obsessed with the science of beauty; I spent most of my holidays while in University taking short beauty courses. I think the idea came to me during one of my regular spa visits. I just thought nowhere in Abuja caters primarily to nail care so if I have the expertise why not set up my own place. I remember discussing it with my cousins and they all thought it was a very good idea and something Abuja couldn’t do without. My passion and support from my family gave me the push I needed to make my dream a reality!


    FB:Any challenges in the start?
Ameera: The major challenges starting up were the lack of basic infrastructure in Nigeria as a whole. And I’m sure everyone can relate to the lack of constant electricity and water. Having to provide these facilities privately were rather costly – setting up a small business this part of the world is probably more expensive than anywhere else. Secondly it took a lot of time and effort to train my staff to understand the importance of customer service. This is something that isn’t in the Nigerian culture and is central to the success of any business. Thankfully it was worth my while; I can proudly say we are known for excellent customer relations.




FB: What do you love the most about it?
Ameera: I love that I have been able to provide my customers with very serene and relaxing treatments on every visit. The quality of our service is constantly improving and this is because all treatments are tailor made to suit the individual. It is far from the average manicure or pedicure, there are so many other exciting treatments – my personal favorite is the “cocoon therapy” which is a deep conditioning treatment for the hands and feet with milk and honey. There are so many fun and exciting things that can be done to the nails, hands and feet! It lets me bring out my creative side, adding a fun twist to the art of nail care, that’s what I love most about it.



FB: What are your plans for the nail bar?
Ameera: The Nail Bar is a boutique nail spa that caters to the total well being of men and women through the care of hands and feet, we also offer hair and body treatments such as facials, waxing, threading, massages, and keratin blow dries etc. In the near future I intend to have a chain of boutique nail spas around Abuja and the major cities in Nigeria offering the very best and up-to-date treatments in nail care with unrivalled levels of quality and expertise.

FB: So what else do you get up to in your spare time?
Ameera: I am a very simple and private person, I love to spend quality time with my family and close friends. When I am not working (which is very rare) I am at home catching up on my much needed beauty sleep! Every now and then (when I am feeling spontaneous) I enjoy traveling and discovering new places and cultures. My first degree is in Politics & International Relations, so I am very much interested in world politics. Not into the usual things people usually expect- a shopaholic and party animal lol!

FB: And as a customer...what will you recommend I get done to look fabulous!
Ameera: I would recommend the paraffin wax therapy on your hands and the detox therapy on your feet – they both leave you feeling very relaxed, rejuvenated with lusciously soft skin! And for your nails Tom Bachik’s “21 day manicure” – we have 36 colors and it lasts for 3 weeks with no peeling or chipping! It’s simply the best thing since sliced bread…you never have to hide your nails again!


FB: Lol! finally whats the most repulsive thing you feel anyone could do with their fingers? 
Ameera: I am bit of a germiphobe! so I think my limit would would be getting dog poop on your fingers and in between your nails - the thought of that makes my stomach churn! 

For more on services from The Nail Bar; visit the nail bar or call 08168680860, 098707648.

1 comment:

  1. wow. she looks so young and is clearly making moves!

    ReplyDelete